Saturday, February 15, 2014

Tasting - "Tres Ojos Garnacha 2011"

Name: Tres Ojos Garnacha 
Variety: 100% Old Vine Garnacha (40-50 year old vines)
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95

Review: "Made from 100% Old Vine Garnacha (40-50 year old vines). The wine has a brick red color with a bouquet of red raspberries, spice and white pepper. The palate is incredibly concentrated and rich. The modern styles of Garnacha in Spain are continuously being perceived worldwide as wines of extraordinarily good quality. This wine is fruity, juicy and shows a great depth, ripe tannins, length and yet with wonderful elegance and lightness. Enjoy with sausages, roasted meats, aged cheeses etc." -I-WineReview (December 2013), 90 pts. 

My review: The Tres Ojos Garnacha is unlike any wine I've ever tasted. I twas very juicy, but light at the same time. The juicy flavors made this wine extremely easy to drink and very enjoyable. I would definitely drink this wine again.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment