Monday, February 3, 2014

Tasting - "Cortenova Pinot Grigio 2012"

Name: Cortenova Pinot Grigio
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Venezie
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95

Review: "Brilliant straw color with emerald reflection. Fresh and floral banquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the finish. Pairs well with seafood dishes, risottos with scampi, spaghetti with clams, sole in white wine. Perfect also as an aperitif."

My review: I thought this was a very smooth wine. It tasted much like many of the Pinot Grigios that I have previously had. I really noticed the taste of pears in the wine when I tasted it. I would drink it again!

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment