Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tasting - "Delaroche Cotes du Rhone 2011"

Name: Delaroche Cotes du Rhone
Variety: Rhone Blend (50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre)
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95

Review: "This semi-opaque ruby, custom cuvée of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre is made specifically for Fran Kysela. It exhibits very fresh, ripe dark red fruit with a very good palate weight and depth and ends with rich fruit notes. Made from roganically grown grapes. Incredible value!" -I-WineReview (December 2013), 90 points. 

My review: This is my least favorite of the wines that I have tasted for far. I'm typically partial to French wines and was looking forward to tasting this wine in particular. This wine had a very spicy taste too it and smelled and tasted peppery. I was surprised by how spicy this red was, and I am not sure if I would drink it again. 

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment