Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tasting - "Montebuena 2010"

Name: Montebuena 
Variety: 100% Tempranillo
Region: Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95

Review: "(100% Tempranillo, raised entirely in American oak): Vivid ruby. Rope cherry and blackcurrant on the nose and in the mouth. Pliant and seamless in texture, with good heft and back-end energy. Finishes smooth and sweet, with fine-grained tannins providing shape and grip. Still on the young side but this wine drinks very well with an hour or so of decanting; it's an excellent value for Rioja." -Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar (September 2012), 90 points

My review: I really liked this red Spanish wine. It tasted very similarly to Cherry Republic wines that I've had. While the Montebuena is 100% Tempranillo, it tasted like it was a true cherry wine. This had a very smooth taste, and I would definitely drink it again.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment