Monday, February 3, 2014

Tasting - "Maipe Torrontes 2013"

Name: Maipe Torrontes 2013
Variety: Torrontes
Region: Salta
Country: Argentina
Year: 2013
Price: $7.95

Review: "Spring-like nose of fresh white peaches, pears, green apple, green melon and hints of jasmine and rose petals. On the palate, it has a beautiful structure and acidity along with fruit flavors and plenty of body. Well balanced, this wine displays a pleasant freshness with citrus notes and a long finish. Best enjoyed in its youth either by itself, or as a wonderful partner with smoked meats, mild to medium-strong cheese, seafood and a great partner for spicy food as well."

My review: This was one of my favorite wines that I tasted. Upon smelling it, I realized it smelled like Blue Moon. When I tasted it, I noted all of the different citrusy flavors, and confirmed my sensing of a Blue Moon-like flavor. The floral and citrus elements made the wine very drinkable and enjoyable. 

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment