Thursday, February 20, 2014

Tasting - "Baumann Gentil Classiq 2012"

Name: Baumann Gentil Classiq
Variety: Blend
Region: Alsace
Country: France
Year: 2012
Price: $9.95

Review: "A delicious and fresh blend of Riesling, Pinot Blanc, muscat, Gewurztraminer, and Pinot Gris. Light aromas of fresh fruit and delicate white flowers start your journey, followed by crisp flavors of stone and citrus fruit. A well balanced acidity on the dry finish ends this French blend beautifully."


My review: I really enjoyed this wine, and found the blend to be very smooth. The nose was very flowery, and I was extremely satisfied by the citrus tastes on the pallet. It was a very smooth wine. I noted a hint of honey that helped confirm the overall sweetness of this wine. I would definitely drink it again.


I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment