Friday, March 7, 2014

Tasting -"Loredona Riesling"

Name: Loredona
Variety: Riesling
Region: Monterey, California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: Regular price $15; Sale $7.95

Review: "If you like your Rieslings on the sweet side, this pretty wine is for you. It's brisk in Central Coast acidity, with citrus, peach, honeysuckle and spice flavors that finish clean and long."

My review: This riesling had a very floral nose, which drew me in. I normally don't like rieslings, but I was looking forward to tasting this wine after the sweet, floral nose. When I tasted this wine, I noticed how light it was, while also being citrusy and sweet. The sweetness would've been overwhelming had it not been for the lightness of the wine. I liked this wine so much that I bought a bottle!

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment