Friday, March 7, 2014

Tasting -"Arnold Palmer Chardonnay"

Name: Arnold Palmer Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Napa, California
Country: USA
Year: 2012
Price: Regular price $20; Sale $7.95

Review: "A vibrant Chardonnay from vineyards in cooler climates of California. Chardonnay is well known for its characteristic fresh apple fruit aromas and rounded, rich flavors. Weather during the 2011 harvest provided ideal growing conditions for lush, yet perfectly balanced fruit."

My review: This chardonnay had an extremely smoky nose, with elements of buttered popcorn. I knew immediately that it would be an interesting wine to taste. When tasting it, my instincts from the smoky nose proved correct. This chardonnay was very woody and smoky as well. It was the oakiest wine that I have ever had. 

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment