Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tasting -"2012 Da Vinci Pinot Grigio "

Name: Da Vinci
Variety: Pinot Grigio

Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: Regular price $15; Sale $9.99

Review: "
Da Vinci Pinot Grigio is sourced primarily from the Trentino-Alto Adige region. It is crisp and acidic with floral aromas and ripe flavors of apple, citrus and tropical fruit. A small percent of the blend is from surmaturo grapes, which are left on the vine after initial harvest. Using these grapes intensifies the tropical fruit characteristics and creamy mouthfeel." -Gary's Wine

My review: I didn't feel that this wine had much of a nose, except for small hints of citrus. This wine had an overpoweringly strong lemon smell, and an overwhelming lingering taste. This wine is not one of my favorites that I have tried.


I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment