Monday, March 24, 2014

Tasting -"Indwe Sauvignon Blanc"

Name: Indwe
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc

Region: Western Cape
Country: South Africa
Year: Unknown
Price: $7.95

Review: "Grapes are meticulously sourced from our grape producers along the Coastal region of the Western Cape ensuring complexity and freshness in the wine. Indwe Sauvignon Blanc is full of layers, balance and persistence. The wine is imbued with tropical and citrus notes, with hints of melon and gooseberry flavors.

My review: On the nose this wine had hints of citrus and lemongrass. Despite how light the nose was, this wine was incredibly chewy. I was surprised by the oakiness of this wine also. I would have to try it again to decide how I feel about it for sure. 


I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment