Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tasting -"2013 Robertson Winery Sauvignon Blanc"

Name: Robertson Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Robertson Valley
Country: South Africa
Year: 2013
Price: $8

Review: "Full bodied with powerful varietal flavours of bell-pepper, green apple and freshly cut grass. Good structure with lovely balancing acidity. Enjoy now with seafood, smoked salmon, roast chicken and pork." -Robertson Winery

My review: I tasted this wine at Lillie's, a restaurant/bar in Times Square. Before I knew this was a South African Sauvignon Blanc, I thought it was an Australian because when I smelled it, it smelled like the normal cat pee smell you get with Australian Sauvignon Blancs. I also noted the smell of lemongrass. This wine was very light, but also had a lingering taste. I found it to be lemony and had hints of other citrus elements.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment